This is a blog of our preparation and cruising experiences aboard our sailboat, C-Time. There are many more posts on the other pages, so be sure to click on the "Starboard" and "Port" tabs.

Monday, February 3, 2014

Wardericks Cay to Cambridge Cay


February 2, 2014
It was a bit rolly last night and when we got up this morning it was still rolling.  Daniel said, “you look a little green around the gills”.  Time to find another anchorage.  We left a little later today because I was able to pull myself together long enough to make blueberry pancakes with sausage.  Then it was a short 3 hour ride to Cambridge Cay.  To get into Cambridge Cay we had to go all the way around Bell Island.  Not usually a big deal.  As I usually do, I got out on the bow and watched for coral so as we were making our way around Bell Island, I went to the bow on watch.  Rocks were also a concern, so I had lots to look for.  We had to go by the opening to the Atlantic Ocean and the waves and current were unbelieveable.  I was still on the bow and that was the stupidest thing to do.  The waves were so huge, with the valleys and peaks that at one point our anchor (that is just ahead of where I’m standing) was under water.  Daniel said my feet were under water.  I was holding on for dear life.  There was one point I thought I was going over, but didn’t.  Well, if it doesn’t kill you, it makes you stronger (and smarter).  I’m not doing that again!  The anchorage is really nice and in a protected area.  I just went out to watch the sunset and saw a manta ray swim by.  Nice ending to the day. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment