This is a blog of our preparation and cruising experiences aboard our sailboat, C-Time. There are many more posts on the other pages, so be sure to click on the "Starboard" and "Port" tabs.

Monday, February 10, 2014

BBQ! (Also, George Town to Conception Island – make that Rum Cay)


February 10, 2014
The best part about today was lunch, our BBQ.  Daniel had purchased a whole beef brisket from a place close to his work (Steel Horse) that made incredible BBQ beef brisket.  I pulled out part of it today and we had it for lunch.  In the middle of the ocean, munching on delicious Carolina BBQ, life doesn’t get much better than this.  Now don’t get me wrong there were other wonderful little moments today like the gorgeous sunrise in George Town, the calm seas we are traveling on from George Town and reading a good book.  Unfortunately, reading the good book, led to me getting sleepy which lead to me falling asleep.  Hey, we were 2 hours from shore and I needed a little nap.  I could see land, we would be arriving at Conception Island soon.  I fall off to sleep and wake up 45 minutes later and I can’t see land.  What happened to the land???  Oh, Captain…shouldn’t we be closer to land than this?  Where is Conception Island that we have been heading towards all day?  I should have never taken that nap.  When I got up, I found “we” had decided to skip Conception Island (we’d catch it on the way back) and head for Rum Cay instead.  It was only 2 hours further and with the wind out of the …..blah, blah, blah….we would save time tomorrow if we went straight to Rum Cay.  No more naps for me, I might end up in Cuba.

2 comments:

  1. Justin Snow2/11/2014

    Please save some of that barbeque for Santa Marta. I'm craving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here it ha been snowing all day, tonight freezing rain possible, calling for lots of ice tonight into tomorrow. All I can think of now is bring on the Florida Keys or the Caribbean. Glad you guys are enjoying the warmth of the BBQ and Caribbean. Catch more fish and grill it with lemon butter if you have some.

    ReplyDelete