This is a blog of our preparation and cruising experiences aboard our sailboat, C-Time. There are many more posts on the other pages, so be sure to click on the "Starboard" and "Port" tabs.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Luperon, Dominican Republic


February 23, 2014

I never would have thought, or even believed, I would someday be spending my birthday in a foreign country.  It’s pretty cool – I have to say.  Daniel made breakfast this morning and then we went into town to find some wifi so I could chat with the family.  I don’t need presents, I just need to hear from the family.  I was able to FaceTime with all of our children and their families and I was able to talk on the phone to my parents and Daniel’s mom.  MagicJack is a wonderful thing, just saying.
After that, we had lunch in town and then as we were leaving in the afternoon heading back to the boat, we decided to check in with the local officials to see how we go about getting our departure papers (despacho).  Well, again, they don’t speak English and we speak little Spanish so it took about 30 minutes and a lot of guessing at each other words but we were finally given our despacho – but then we had to go through immigration again, to check out with them.  They opened their doors, filled out some more papers and then told us our passports would get stamped when we left from the last city in the Dominican Republic we plan to visit, which will be Samana.  So, okay, we take our despacho and head back to C-Time.

C-Time and some wonderful german chocolate cake!  You see, german chocolate is my absolute favorite and as I was walking around this morning, pouting because I wasn’t getting my cake this year, I turn around and Daniel is stirring and mixing…I peek over his shoulders and see a german chocolate cake mix!  The wonderful man has been hiding the cake mix (and icing) somewhere on this boat for just this day.  Married almost 32 years and he still surprises me.  Can’t wait to see what he has up his sleeves for our wedding anniversary in 2 weeks, he mumbled something about taking me on a trip to the Spanish Virgin Islands J. 

No comments:

Post a Comment