This is a blog of our preparation and cruising experiences aboard our sailboat, C-Time. There are many more posts on the other pages, so be sure to click on the "Starboard" and "Port" tabs.

Saturday, March 15, 2014

St. Thomas, USVI to Great St. James Island, USVI


March 14, 2014
Crown Bay Marina in St. Thomas was our first stop this morning for fuel.  Then we slowly meandered our way into St. Thomas’ main harbor.  Daniel pulled along side a huge “mega yacht” and dropped our anchor.  He said, ”want to go into town and walk around”?  Huge smile across my face was enough of a response.  We took D-Time to town and within 5 minutes of leaving C-Time, we were walking the streets of St. Thomas.  Daniel wanted to see the fort and some other local sites and I wanted to shop – so we split and went different ways with the intention to meet a little while later at a certain spot.  He went right, I went left.  I shopped the outdoor markets, he went to view the fort and climb the famous 99-steps.  I went to a lot, I mean a LOT, of jewelry stores – there appears to be a zillion of them in St. Thomas and over an hour later we ran into each other in the same souvenir store.  Small world, huh?  We got a good laugh out of it.  After some local lunch, we headed back to C-Time and continued on back to Great St. James Island.  We liked the island from before and the mooring balls made it a simple stop.  We snorkeled our afternoon away and I got to see my first manta ray, under the water WITH me.  I’ve seen them previously, from the boat – this was really awesome.  I watched the manta ray swim around for a while and then swim away.  We sat on the bow of the boat and watched the sunset.  Really nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment