This is a blog of our preparation and cruising experiences aboard our sailboat, C-Time. There are many more posts on the other pages, so be sure to click on the "Starboard" and "Port" tabs.

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Great St. James Island, USVI

Another wonderful relaxing day at Great St. James Island.  More snorkeling and just general relaxing. I know, we are on an indefinite "vacation", how can sitting in one spot be relaxing?  Well as you go from place to place you have lots to do.  You have to stow everything in the boat from your time at anchor, you have to pull out charts and study, you worry about where  your next anchorage will be, if you have to clear customs that opens a whole new set of worries (especially in 3rd world countries). I like to read books and when I'm relaxing, I pull out the iPad and read.  When we are underway, moving from anchorage to anchorage, I almost never have time to read.  Cooking meals keeps me busy, as does occasionally relieving the Captain at the helm, watching where we are going and doing a little research on where we are going.  Some days it amazes me that I don't even open a book until bedtime, it's that "busy".  So to say we have enjoyed just sitting here at Great St. James Island for 3 days has been wonderfully relaxing.  Now, it's time to move on to the British Virgin Islands.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment