This is a blog of our preparation and cruising experiences aboard our sailboat, C-Time. There are many more posts on the other pages, so be sure to click on the "Starboard" and "Port" tabs.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Melbourne, FL to Fort Pierce, FL

We left Melbourne, Florida this morning at sunrise.  I had taken a Dramamine tablet before bed last night, we were rocking and rolling a bit and after eating a bunch of delicious Italian food, I thought it best.  So I was still a bit sleepy but I was able to drag myself topside to help get us under way and then I found myself back sound asleep in our nice warm bed.  I slept an extra hour and a half.  When I got up, poor Daniel looked like he was starving so I quickly prepared breakfast for us.  We motor/sailed most of the day and the wind finally picked up enough that we were able to turn the engine off awhile and just sail.  A really nice day.  We had decided when we got to Fort Pierce that we would be buying fuel and refilling our water tanks so I thought it would be a good idea to run and take a nice long shower...while we were sailing.  Have you ever tried to take a shower in a boat that is heeled over 20 degrees?  It is an adventure to say the least. I got dressed and made my way topside and had no sooner sat down when Daniel said, it's time to put out the fenders for docking and the lines.  I'm pretty good at this so I hustled it up and by the time I had the fenders and lines out, I was sweating thinking what a waste of time the shower of death was.  We loaded up on diesel and water and took out across the ICW to our anchorage for the night.

We found a nice place in front of a condo complex that looked nice and quiet, for a Sunday afternoon.  After we had made a circle a couple of times in front of the complex to check the water depth, Daniel decided it would be a good time to recalibrate our compass on the boat.  That means, we push some buttons and then make more circles.  Before you know it we had half a dozen people coming out of their condos and staring at us like we were nuts!  Like they've never seen a boat in front of their condo going around and around and around.  It was pretty funny.  We are safely tucked in for the night now and everyone has gone back inside.  The sun is still up and it's pretty early so we're going to crank the grill up and grill a steak.  That smell ought to drive the locals crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment