This is a blog of our preparation and cruising experiences aboard our sailboat, C-Time. There are many more posts on the other pages, so be sure to click on the "Starboard" and "Port" tabs.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day 3

It rained last night from about midnight until about 10:30 this morning.  It was cloudy, overcast - we just weren't feeling the conditions for sailing today, so we stayed at our anchorage near Daufuskie Island.  We just watched tv and read some.  Just took it easy.  I made a nice lunch.  I read some more and Daniel went to take a nap.  BIG MISTAKE.  That gave him time to "think".   I was napping in the warm cockpit (the sun came out) minding my own business when Daniel comes out and says, the winds are perfect - we should pull anchor and do an "all nighter" and be in Jacksonville, Florida by noon tomorrow.  I think my mouth fell open - I know it did.

I think it is a "man" thing to want to do the all night sailing thing.  For me, it's a little scary.  I don't see well at night so we will see how it goes.  I texted our 3 sons to let them know our plans and Matt's response was "awesome"; Brian's response was "sounds fun, be careful" and Justin's response was to FaceTime me immediately so he could get all of the exciting details.  He's jealous, he said.  My response:  ALL NIGHT, in the ATLANTIC OCEAN??  It's going to be a long night!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I do remember when you lived in Texas, you guys would pull an all-nighter driving back to Alabama. I guess it's in Daniel's blood! I also remember a time coming back to Texas, "someone" took a wrong turn and wasn't going to make it to work the next day … Hope Daniel's doing the driving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha - yes, most of the time!

    ReplyDelete