This is a blog of our preparation and cruising experiences aboard our sailboat, C-Time. There are many more posts on the other pages, so be sure to click on the "Starboard" and "Port" tabs.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Too Late For a Refund

Ok, we're all set to close on the hangar this week.  The only things left are a big carload of stuff to take to the boat, a washer and dryer, and a car.  In case we didn't mention it elsewhere, the buyer of our hangar has volunteered to adopt Shula Bear, our 135 pound yellow-haired "baby.  That hasn't kept Carla from shedding a few tears as the time draws near, but I know she's very grateful to have a caring new owner for our fella.  My last day is Friday, and the "Good-bye's" are progressing well.  I'm looking forward to Monday morning when I'll be unemployed for the first time in 32 years, and I get to lay up in bed while Carla finishes up her last weeks at work.  I still have a number of things to finish up, but if it's alright with everyone, I'm going to savor the feeling for a couple hours.  Hey, I may even go out to the bow of the boat and yell to the world, "I'm unemployed!".

Yesterday I ran into someone who had cruised solo for a few years.  He was thrilled to learn of our plans, and stated several times that it will be the best decision we'll ever make.  Many people are impressed that we are gutsy enough to make such a drastic change.  As Carla and I become more aware of how enslaved we've been to "stuff", and how the next few years will be full of life-changing experiences, we don't really see ourselves as "stepping out".  Instead, we view it as embracing a more diverse and rewarding lifestyle.  As for a refund, no thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment