This is a blog of our preparation and cruising experiences aboard our sailboat, C-Time. There are many more posts on the other pages, so be sure to click on the "Starboard" and "Port" tabs.

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Five Islands, Hampton Bay, Antigua

May 3, 2014

We brought C-Time back to Five Islands, Hampton Bay anchorage yesterday mostly for the free wifi for me.  (I would have written this yesterday but I was pretty medicated and didn't do much but sleep yesterday.)  I'm still taking it easy with my hurt knee and the free wifi lets me stream American television shows.  I know that sounds a little hokey but when you're not feeling well, there's nothing like a little American tv and since I was way behind on all of our shows, it has helped to keep me from moving around, forcing me to relax my knee.  That and some more medicine.  Good news, I'm starting to feel better and hopefully another day or two and I will be back to normal.  So, back to my television, pop corn, coke, ibuprofen and pain killers.

2 comments:

  1. Distant Shores -- they also mentioned that in the little sailing community everyone really does rely on others to help with weather, boat repair, and also "caravanning." I remember you mentioning Daniel helping someone with their boat not too long ago.

    I imagine you guys are meeting a lot of really nice people. It amazes me just how many people/families are doing a similar thing. One family was sailing/racing a 1500 mile regatta-type event, I think out of Beaufort. The Canadians were calling it BOWfort! They also headed to Antigua from ???, and didn't go as far south as you guys did. A lot of that crossing was in the dark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, sorry, but one question: How many miles have you guys sailed so far?

    ReplyDelete