This is a blog of our preparation and cruising experiences aboard our sailboat, C-Time. There are many more posts on the other pages, so be sure to click on the "Starboard" and "Port" tabs.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

D - Time

If our boat's name is C-Time (Carla) I think our dinghy's name is D-Time (Daniel).  Come on, it's cute!  We finally got to take D-Time out for its maiden voyage.  After owning it for 2+ months, but since my slip and fall trying to take it for its initial run on my birthday in February, we never got to take it out.  So, one Tuesday afternoon after work, we loaded up the dinghy and pulled it 30 minutes to beautiful Lake Murray, in Columbia, South Carolina.  It was the middle of the week so we really didn't expect the lake to be crowded but as we pull up to the local dock we were mistaken.  Apparently every Tuesday night at this particular dock they host a fishing tournament.  The whole parking lot was filled with $20,000+ boats and us...with our little dinghy.  We didn't care.  Daniel got out of our car (most everyone else was there in their pickup truck pulling their $20,000+ boats) to put the motor on D-Time and put our life jackets in the boat.  We waited our turn and Daniel backed us into the water.  Here comes the hard part.  I had to get out of the car, on the slanted boat ramp.  Last time I was on a boat ramp an ambulance came and took me away.  To say I was a little nervous is an understatement.  I made it out of the car and onto the fixed dock area.  I held the dinghy while Daniel parked the car.  I made it fine and we jumped in the dinghy and motored her around.  Our little boat was a champ.  She planed out and she went fast.  It was a wonderful first trip.





No comments:

Post a Comment