This is a blog of our preparation and cruising experiences aboard our sailboat, C-Time. There are many more posts on the other pages, so be sure to click on the "Starboard" and "Port" tabs.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

St. Thomas, USVI to Great St. James Island, USVI


April 8, 2014

April 8, 2014

After 5 wonderful days in Atlanta with two of our children, their spouses and our 2 grandbabies, I am back on C-Time.  Daniel met me at the St. Thomas airport yesterday afternoon and I greeted him with my carry-on bag, weighing about 35 pounds, and a “personal item” (that’s what Delta airlines calls my purse) that weighed about 10 pounds.  Daniel was waiting for me at baggage claim and said, well that’s it, right?  I was like, oh no, I have another bag that I checked.  It weighed just shy of 44 pounds.  I enjoyed my trip to the local Atlanta Wal-mart and filled up my bags with lots of “necessities” (like peanut butter, pop tarts, coffee – things that were double or triple the price in St. Thomas).  I also brought back some parts for the boat. 

The airport is about a 5 minute walk from the beach where Daniel left D-Time and then about a 20 minute ride back to C-Time.  We covered my precious cargo in plastic garbage bags to keep them dry for the ride back to C-Time.   I was so happy to see C-Time!  We spent the night next to the airport and after I woke from sleeping late this morning, we raised anchor and headed to Crown Bay, in St. Thomas, for diesel, and then to the main harbor for grocery shopping.  With all of those errands accomplished, we set out for one of our favorite anchorages, Great St. James Island.  We made the 9 mile trip in just under 2 hours.  We had 6+ foot seas and very strong wind.  It was a bit of a bumpy ride, but we picked up our mooring ball and enjoyed an afternoon of sitting on the bow of the boat, just relaxing.  It’s good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment