This is a blog of our preparation and cruising experiences aboard our sailboat, C-Time. There are many more posts on the other pages, so be sure to click on the "Starboard" and "Port" tabs.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sinking Boat

I saved us!!  Our boat was sinking and I saved us.  Okay, that might be a tad bit dramatic but I did stop water from flowing into the boat.  Daniel was on deck doing "Daniel stuff" and I was down below doing "Carla stuff".  The radio was on and the music was up, but I heard water pouring, like when Daniel washes the boat.  But it made me think, he wasn't washing the boat...where was the water coming from?  I turned off the radio and started listening.  I looked up to make double sure he indeed wasn't out there washing the boat (he washes the boat, a lot) and I heard it.  Pouring water.  I looked in the forward stateroom and water was pouring on the pretty teak floor boards!  I first holler:  "honey, come quick we have water coming in" and then second, I flipped the switch on the electrical panel to turn off the water pressure.  Yup, I thought of that all by myself.  The water stopped flowing.  I saved the day!  Daniel came in and found a hose had come off the water maker.  I was thinking, I really, really saved the boat but alas, the boat only holds 150 gallons and the best I did was save us from a lot of clean up.  Bottom line though, it is nice to know I can think through "in an emergency" and act.  We're going to make it just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment