This is a blog of our preparation and cruising experiences aboard our sailboat, C-Time. There are many more posts on the other pages, so be sure to click on the "Starboard" and "Port" tabs.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Attwood Harbour, Acklins, Bahamas


Feb. 12, 2014
We stayed in our anchorage today – which was absolutely wonderful.  After you go and go and go – it’s nice not to go anywhere.  Simply enjoy being where you are.  I enjoyed it more than Daniel did today.  I spent time cleaning the boat but mostly, I went swimming, snorkeling and lying in the sun.  Daniel spent most of the day working on our income taxes.  After I got finished relaxing for the day, I made Daniel a red velvet cake for Valentine’s Day.  I know it isn’t for 2 more days but I’m not sure when I will have another day in port for baking, so I took advantage of it today.  Actually, it was just a white cake mix with a lot of red food coloring added, but it was the thought that counts.  Continuing to head south, tomorrow.

We've been feeling pretty good about how well C-Time has held up.  Some friends have been telling us of all the things that have broken on their much newer boat, so we're feeling pretty fortunate, especially since C-Time is 16 years old.  We're just holding our breath waiting for something major to break.

No comments:

Post a Comment